Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Reason Why


Welcome to my craft blog! Most of the things I make are gifts for other people - those closest to my heart and most important in my life. I enjoy making things for them. It's both a fun challenge for me to try something new and a heartwarming experience to devote a portion of my time and resources towards someone I care about (who in most cases has performed many acts of kindness for me as well). I want to remember both what I make and the person I make it for. That's one of the reasons why I started this blog.

Of course there are times when I create something just to make myself happy. That's a good thing, too. :) And though I get to keep the item to enjoy, there's still a part of me that has never outgrown the "Hey, Mom, look what I made!" enthusiasm of my childhood. I've stumbled through many-a-project trying to teach myself a new skill or technique. I've ripped out seam after seam, scrapped countless card fronts, and laughed at all kinds of "craft fails". So when things do go well, sometimes I'm just so dang proud of myself that I want to show someone else! And believe me ladies - if I can make something, you can too!

With that thought, I'm happy to share my work and I'll try my best to list any supplies, tutorials, or templates used. Feel free to copy anything for your own personal use. And if you do use any of my work as inspiration, please drop me a line! I'd love to see your handiwork!

Now on to the card, a project worthy of my first post because of its recipient. My son is starting kindergarten this week (sniffle, sniffle), so I made him a little happy for his first day. This Shel Silverstein poem is included in a book my mother gave me when I younger, so is it any wonder I'm feeling a bit sentimental? Good luck, my little one! I love you.

Supplies. Cardstock: Bazzill Basics. Patterned paper: Bo Bunny (green polka dot), Daisy Bucket Designs (stripes). Rub-on sentiment: Daisy Bucket Designs. Die cut stickers: Stampin' Up!. Spiral punch: Stampin' Up!. Other: staples.

1 comment:

  1. Great first post, and such sweet sentiments about the things you make and for whom. I can tell I'm going to enjoy visiting your new blog!!

    ReplyDelete