Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Shower Invitation and Recipe Box



I've got a lot of pictures for you today. :) We're still in full swing with Christmas preparations, but I'm taking a break to post some projects that fit today's Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger. The challenge: using the colors black, white, and green.



Last year my mom hosted a bridal shower for the daughter of one of her friends. I, as family cardmaker, got to help with the invitations. All of the photos are from last year, long before I started blogging, so please be kind about my bad lighting and busy backgrounds. :)

Guests were asked to bring a recipe to share with the bride-to-be. Above, you'll see the enclosure - a prepared recipe card with a note explaining the request. See that paper clip with black gingham and green ribbons tied to it - love it!



Here's the recipe box I made for the bride. In choosing the color palette for the shower, I snooped at the bride-to-be's gift registry. She asked for appliances in stainless steel, gadgets in black, and linens in green. Thus the black, white, and green palette. Clever, eh?



Here's the inside of the recipe box. Hopefully it should blend in nicely with the rest of the kitchen.



The recipe dividers.



Please ignore the almonds! I told you I was helping my mom. I made samples, photographed them, and emailed them for her approval. My mom used these tags and cellophane bags to wrap the party favors, but I assure you she used something much cuter than natural almonds! This was a mock-up and almonds were all I had to work with at the time.



I drafted three sample invitations for my mother. I mocked up the layouts and emailed them over for her selection. My mom chose to use the foldover style pictured at the top of the post because of the enclosure, but here are the other two designs I made. This square one has received over 4000 hits on my Splitcoast Stampers gallery - whoa!



This was my favorite. I think because it's a less traditional shape for a card. I think it was also the most cost effective because it used so much less ribbon. Go figure that we'd opt for the most expensive design instead - LOL.



Last but not least, a friend of mine graciously donated piles of paper with patterns in black, white, and green to use in conjunction with the shower decorations. Some of the papers she donated also included a lot of sky blue - beautiful, but didn't work with the decor. So I used those leftover blue patterned papers to make a thank you card for her (above) ...



and a stack of blank cards in these two patterns (above) as a thank you gift.

The supply list for all of these projects is ginormous. I posted everything in my SCS gallery last year along with supplies. Please click on each project's link to read the details. see below

Now, back to wrapping Christmas presents!

Foldover invitation with black flower.
Inside of invitation and insert.
Recipe box: here and here and here.
Favor tag.
Draft of square invitation.
Draft of narrow invitation.
Friend card.
Other two cards made using blue patterned paper.

5 comments:

  1. Wowie, wowie, wowie! Is this project just plain wonderful! LOVE that stainless steel recipe box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! You made so many BEAUTIFUL things! LOVE the tabs for the recipes! Just FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all of these are pretty--love the invites and recipe cards!

    ReplyDelete