Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Baptism Cards - His and Hers



I realized that when I posted the picture of C.'s CTR towel, I neglected to post a photo of the card I made to go along with it.

The rainbow has long been associated with baptism. It was a token from God after the great flood that covered and cleansed the entire earth to show His promise that the Earth would never be flooded again. When I am Baptized is a sweet Children's hymn that talks about the beauty and cleansing power of baptism. (Click the link to hear the song.)

I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away,
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

from Children's Songbook, #103.





I also had the opportunity to celebrate the baptism of one of the girls in my Primary class. So I appliqued a pink CTR shield on a towel for her. I also had a lot of fun making her card. If you look closely, the color on the rainbow and sun comes entirely from using colored glitter - no ink or coloring in with markers. This card is so pretty and sparkly in real life! I thought it would be perfect for sweet little girly Miss A. She loved it!







After searching online for baptism poems, I also revised the poem that I included with the towel.

This clean, white towel is a reminder for you
Of your baptism day for all the years through.
When you come out of the water, clean and pure,
Dry off with this towel and you can be sure,
That you are as clean as the towel is white
And soon the Holy Ghost can guide you day and night.
For the Holy Ghost is your gift after the laying on of hands
And will be a comfort and guide if you obey God’s commands.
This CTR emblem will help remind you to be strong
As you continue to learn right from wrong.
When your towel becomes soiled, remember that we too
Make some mistakes but have been taught what to do.
Just as you can wash your towel so again it will be clean,
Your sins can be washed away and never again be seen.
The price for all your sins was paid by Jesus Christ with love.
Through repentance you’ll be worthy to return to Him above.
You will follow the Savior’s example as you make this choice.
Continue to try to be like Him and listen to the still, small voice.
Your Heavenly Father loves you. Remember to always pray,
And His Spirit will be with you forever and a day.

Congratulations to my little man C. and sweet Miss A. I'm so proud of you both. :)

Supplies: His Baptism Card
Paper: Bazzill Basics (blue and yellow), Stampin' Up! (Whisper White).
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Heavenly Medley).
Ink: Stampin' Up! (Pacific Point), StazOn (black).
Color Pencils + Blender Pen: Stampin' Up!.
Punch: Stampin' Up! (1/2" circle).

Supplies: Her Baptism Card
Paper: Papertrey Ink (Raspberry Fizz, Lemon Tart), Stampin' Up! (Whisper White).
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Heavenly Medley).
Ink: StazOn (black), VersaMark.
Glitter: JoAnn's (ultrafine in pink, green, blue, yellow), Stampin' Up! (Dazzling Diamonds).
Punches: Stampin' Up! (corner rounder, scallop border).
Ribbon: Stampin' Up! (white taffeta).

2 comments: