Sunday, May 16, 2010

Taggie Baby Toys


ETA: I made a tutorial for the mini blanket HERE.  The tutorial I used for the ball can be found HERE.

I have two new nieces to sew for. Hooray! Since I have piles of cute fabric scraps, I put them to use making my first ribbon tag ball. One baby's nursery is decorated in pink and brown, so having coordinating fabric was a double bonus.

My local friends know a sweet Miss I. She was my little helper who arranged all the ribbons and did most of the pinning and stuffing. We followed this pattern from New Conceptions, adding a jingle bell inside. Easy peasy and too cute (if I do say so myself). :)


I also made my niece a tag mini blanket, or a snuggly. See my tutorial HERE.  I bought two fat quarters of minky fabric, cut them in half, and had enough to make two snugglies - one for each niece.


See these rose-bud swirls? I don't think I've ever felt fabric so soft and irresistible in my life. I can't look at it and not touch it.


Thrilled with the success of my first ribbon tag ball, I made more in a boy version. I shortened the ribbons a tad (now 4" total).


In addition to my new nieces, I have three babies to sew for at my son's preschool. Nothing like a good ol' fashion assembly line. :)

3 comments:

  1. These are stunning :) WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea! I do little tag blankets all the time but I never thought about a ball...wanna do a tutorial?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, here's the tutorial I used for the balls. I also add a large jingle bell inside each. http://www.newconceptions.com/patpdf/TagToyspdf.pdf

    Good luck! I'd love to see pics if you make one.

    ReplyDelete