Saturday, June 19, 2010

You Used What?



What makes a card masculine? Ribbon? No. Plaid or argyle? Maybe. Duct tape? YES. Dear Granddad, please enjoy your Father's Day card made with blue painter's tape and three colors of duct tape. This is my oh-so-close knock-off of the clever Stuck with You card by Jessice Witty, featured in the May/June issue of Paper Crafts magazine.





To find the focal point for this card, I only needed to step outside my back door. This was my end-of-year card for Brighton's kindergarten teacher. She opened Brighton's eyes to the world print, the foundation of lifelong learning. I am forever grateful to her.

The sticks make sense once you read the sentiment. I love the wisdom in children's books. Life's lessons can be profound and uncomplicated.


I've kept the same Winnie the Pooh mug on my desk since my college days, holding pens and pencils within easy read. It reads, "Some days are more tumbly than others." And that's just the way life is. Here are some other little gems from the beloved author A.A. Milne. Ignore the spoon in the picture. I don't have my camera on hand so I borrowed this pic from the internet.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you."

"Sometimes," said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

"Some people care too much. I think it's called love."

"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together...there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them."

"One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries."

"Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering."

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
"So it is"
"And freezing"
"Is it?"
"Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Supplies: An A Is Just Three Sticks Card
Paper:
Nutmeg mini deck by Cosmo Cricket.
Computer Font: Pooh.
Other: Scalloped border punch, twine, linen thread.

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are just TOO CLEVER!! And for a silly ol' bear, Pooh Bear was a pretty smart fella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved that duct tape card when i saw it - and your "A" is adorable. so creative!

    ReplyDelete