Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memory Book


You know all those funny and precious things little children say? My son's preschool teacher has said several times how much she wishes she had a book where she could write them down. As an end-of-year thank you gift, I decorated an empty art journal for her to keep.


This was also my first time making a gathered ribbon flower. Cute, isn't it! Click here to see the video tutorial I followed to make it. (tutorial by Jeniesbarn)


I also made a coordinating card for Lincoln's teacher. I think I got a little rhinestone happy, but that's alright. :)

Supplies: Memory Book & Card
Stamps: (Simple Alphabet) Papertrey Ink.
Ink: (Basic Black) Stampin' Up!, black writing pen.
Paper: (Mary Mary "Wonderful" Fancy Flowers Paper, Mary Mary "Beautiful" Edged Journaling Card, Mary Mary "Happy Birthday" Celebration Paper, Mary Mary "Happy Birthday" Grown Up Paper) from the Quite Contrary collection by My Mind's Eye, (Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides) Papertrey Ink, rosy pink textured cardstock.
Ribbon: (DS Sparkle Satin) Wrights, (green with blue polka dots, Green Solid) American Crafts.
Other:
(Leaf Rockabye Thickers, Taffy Vera Thickers) American Crafts, (Blue Lush Rhinestones) My Mind's Eye, (Stitched Brad from the Kioshi collection) BasicGrey, (Old Olive felt flower, Spiral Punch) Stampin' Up!.

3 comments:

  1. What a clever gift idea! Thanks for sharing the tutorial video (for those of us who are challenged by thread and needle, it is a HUGE help!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love these...I'm a Kindergarten teacher and I keep a little journal on my desk for this exact reason! I have some great ones in there and everytime I visit that book it makes me smile! Great idea...I'm sure any teacher you give that gift to will just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this idea!!! :) What a perfect way to document all those precious one-liners!!
    Thank you for sharing,
    Maren Benedict
    Paper Crafts Go-to Gal

    ReplyDelete